The 3D printer will be the household appliance of the future.
This type of printer is gaining ground in the consumer market and is becoming increasingly common in homes around the world.
How soon will it be before we have one at home?
The use of 3D printers in the home will no longer be a utopia by 2030. These printers allow users to manufacture three-dimensional objects from digital files.
Why is the use of 3D printers for the manufacture of everyday items growing?
1. Because of the convenience of being able to print an object at on location I removed “home”
2. Because it manufactures parts that would otherwise be difficult to find or very expensive.
3. Because of the improved finish of 3D printed objects.
4. Because of the availability and its increasingly lower prices.
What should we take into account when buying a 3D printer?
1º. The size of the printer, which must be compact to fit in the home. Changed from house to home
2º. The quality of printing and ease of use, as some models require further configuration.
3º. The type of material that can be used in the printer (plastic, resin or even metal).
4º. The cost of materials and printing times. Manufacturing an object with a 3D printer can take minutes or days (depending on size and complexity), so the cost is variable.
5º. The sustainable option. Some 3D printers allow the use of biodegradable and recycled materials.
What will be the future use of 3D Printing in the domestic environment?
1. Food printing. It will have different containers where to introduce freshly ground food.
2. Clothing printing. The almost immediate creation of a garment once the purchase of the design takes place.
3. Multipurpose printing. It will use resins, polymers or metal powder and will manufacture household items, small decorative objects, tools, children’s toys, and spare parts for that appliance that has broken down.
In short, 3D printers are gaining ground in homes around the world because of their ability to manufacture customized objects quickly and conveniently. With the improvement in the quality of printed objects and the decrease in prices, it is very likely that it will become one more appliance in our homes. It is not difficult to think that this type of printer will play an important role in the evolution of our society towards a circular and sustainable economy. For example, it will make it possible to manufacture at home those small spare parts that today reach us after having traveled 10,000 km.
Nubeprint’s software monitors printers of all brands (up to 64 different manufacturers), models and types (laser, inkjet, large format, and label), as well as 3D printers; in this case, the system warns when it is necessary to change the filament spools so that the printer does not stop working. Our solutions enable printer and cartridge distributors to manage their cost-per-copy contracts and subscription-based consumables sales services.
SOURCE: impresiondigital.ituser.es / infobae.com / xataka.com / Nubeprint.com