TERMS OF SERVICE
Last Revised: 2018-09-01
These terms of service (“Terms”) apply to your access and use of NbpColors* and derived Apps (the “Service”). Please read them carefully.
Accepting these Terms
If you access or use the Service, it means you agree to be bound by all of the terms below. So, before you use the Service, please read all of the terms. If you don’t agree to all of the terms below, please do not use the Service. Also, if a term does not make sense to you, please let us know by e-mailing (email@example.com).
Changes to these Terms
We reserve the right to modify these Terms at any time. For instance, we may need to change these Terms if we come out with a new feature or for some other reason.
Whenever we make changes to these Terms, the changes are effective 10 days after we post such revised Terms (indicated by revising the date at the top of these Terms) or upon your acceptance if we provide a mechanism for your immediate acceptance of the revised Terms (such as a click-through confirmation or acceptance button). It is your responsibility to check NbpColors or derived App for changes to these Terms.
If you continue to use the Service after the revised Terms go into effect, then you have accepted the changes to these Terms.
When you create an account or use another service to log in to the Service, you agree to maintain the security of your password and accept all risks of unauthorized access to any data or other information you provide to the Service.
If you discover or suspect any Service security breaches, please let us know as soon as possible.
Your Content & Conduct
The data feeds a computerized system to transform it into information for the main purpose of improving the service.
If for any reason you wish to have the information deleted from your machines/users, please request it at firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, you agree that you will not do any of the following in connection with the Service or other users:
- Use the Service in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying the Service or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of the Service
- Collect any personal information about other users to intimidate, threaten, stalk or otherwise harass other users of the Service
- Circumvent or attempt to circumvent any filtering, security measures, rate limits or other features designed to protect the Service, users of the Service, or third parties
We put a lot of effort into creating the Service including, the logo and all designs, text, graphics, pictures, information and other content (excluding your content). This property is owned by us or our licensors and it is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. We grant you the right to use it.
Unavoidable Legal Stuff
THE SERVICE AND ANY OTHER SERVICE AND CONTENT INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN AS IS OR AS AVAILABLE BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ORAL OR WRITTEN) WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE AND CONTENT INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WHETHER ALLEGED TO ARISE BY OPERATION OF LAW, BY REASON OF CUSTOM OR USAGE IN THE TRADE, BY COURSE OF DEALING OR OTHERWISE.
IN NO EVENT WILL NBPCOLORS (and derived) BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE OR ANY OTHER SERVICE AND/OR CONTENT INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR ARE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR TOTAL LIABILITY FOR ALL CAUSES OF ACTION AND UNDER ALL THEORIES OF LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO NBPCOLORS (or derived). THIS SECTION WILL BE GIVEN FULL EFFECT EVEN IF ANY REMEDY SPECIFIED IN THIS AGREEMENT IS DEEMED TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any and all costs, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees, costs, penalties, interest and disbursements) we incur in relation to, arising from, or for the purpose of avoiding, any claim or demand from a third party relating to your use of the Service or the use of the Service by any person using your account, including any claim that your use of the Service violates any applicable law or regulation, or the rights of any third party, and/or your violation of these Terms.
If you breach any of these Terms, we have the right to suspend or disable your access to or use of the Service.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and NbpColors (or derived) regarding the use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and NbpColors (or derived) relating to your use of the Service.
Please let us know what you think of the Service, these Terms and, in general, NbpColors (or derived). When you provide us with any feedback, comments or suggestions about the Service, these Terms and, in general, NbpColors (or derived), you irrevocably assign to us all of your right, title and interest in and to your feedback, comments and suggestions.
Questions & Contact Information
Questions or comments about the Service may be directed to us at the email address: email@example.com.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How does printer discovery work?
NbpColors (and derivatives) uses the Network Discovery Service (NDS) as the default mechanism for locating printing equipment on your network.
If a printer does not have such a service or is locked on the network, then NbpColors (and derivatives) will not locate it.
How often do you read printers?
The application does a read intent on hourly basis but always under the usage policy imposed by the Android system. This maintains the balance between up-to-date machine information and minimal and unnoticeable resource consumption.
The application can’t find my printer, what can I do?
If you know the IP address of the machine then you can manually add it via the option “Add printer by IP” from the menu. You only need to do this once as long as the machine does not change the IP address.
If you do not know the IP address, then you can instruct the application to conduct a slow network survey. Press Manual Scan then Deep Scan.
How can I remove a printer?
Click on the machine and use the “Ignore” option to stop managing it. The printer will then no longer be visible.
How can I recover an Ignored (removed) printer?
From the Menu, go to “Ignored Printers” to view the list. Select the one you want to retrieve to make it available again for management.
What data is captured?
Only machine-related data is read. Values to identify the device (serial number), counters, levels of consumables, internal technical alerts and messages.
- No user data is captured or stored (print queues, jobs, network traffic)
- Only minimal data is captured. For example, if a printer is monochrome, the color consumable is not consulted.
How can I enter my license code to get service?
Once you have received your personal license code from your Service Provider, click on the Menu and Settings to add it.
How can I use this technology on other types of machines?
The NbpColors system is ready for operation in other IT sectors, healthcare and home consumer systems. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How can I send my questions and suggestions about NbpColors systems?
Please write to us at email@example.com.
Last Revised: 2018-09-01
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
The data is collected from the machines (not users) to improve the automatic management service.
1) If a printer is monochrome, the color counter is not consulted.
2) No user information (print jobs, queues, etc.) is captured or stored.
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you participate in any interactive features of our services, fill out a form, request customer support, provide any contact or identifying information or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, credit card information and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Machines data: Identification (serial number, MAC, IP), counters, consumable levels, internal technical alerts, messages.
- Log Information: We log information about your use of our services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our services. We may collect nformation about the computer you use to access our services, including the hardware model, and operating system and version.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use one of our mobile applications or otherwise consent to the collection of this information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in your device memory that helps us to improve our services and your experience, see which areas and features of our services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our services or emails and to track count visits or understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
Use of Information
We use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our services
- Provide services you request, process transactions and to send you related information
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service
- Communicate with you about news and information related to our service
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our services
- Personalize and improve our services
By accessing and using our services, you consent to the processing and transfer of your information in and to the United States and other countries.
Sharing of Information
We may share information as follows:
- With third party vendors and other service providers who need access to your information to carry out work on our behalf
- If we believe disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request
- To enforce applicable user agreements or policies, including our Terms of Service and to protect us, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities
- In connection with any merger, sale of NbpColors (and derived) assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
We take reasonable measures to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Your Information Choices
When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the application’s collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our mobile applications, or certain features thereof, will no longer function. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
You may opt out of receiving any promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Last Revised: 2018-09-01
NbpColors (and derives) respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”), the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/pl105-304.pdf, and other applicable laws, NbpColors (and derives) has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at our sole discretion, the accounts of users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. NbpColors (and derives) may also, at its sole discretion, limit access to NbpColors (and derives) website and services (collectively, “Service”) and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement. NbpColors (and derives) will respond to claims of copyright infringement committed on the NbpColors (and derives) website that are reported to NbpColors (and derives) Designated Copyright Agent, identified in the sample notice below.
If you knowingly misrepresent in your notification that the material or activity is infringing, you will be liable for any damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees, incurred by us or the alleged infringer as the result of our relying upon such misrepresentation in removing or disabling access to the material or activity claimed to be infringing.
If you are a copyright owner, or are authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through the Services by completing the following DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement and delivering it to NbpColors (and derives) Designated Copyright Agent. Upon receipt of the Notice as described below, NbpColors (and derives) will take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including removal of the challenged material from the Services.
DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement (“Notice”):
- Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works are covered by this Notice you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
- Identify the material that you claim is infringing (or to be the subject of infringing activity) and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the Services where such material may be found.
- Provide your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
- Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice: (i) “I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use)”; and (ii) “I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
- Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
- Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to NbpColors’s (and derives) Designated Copyright Agent: firstname.lastname@example.org
*NbpColors aka Nubeprint